Spring 2012: Flowers For Algernon
Spring 2011: Anne Frank & Me
Our Mission Statement
Spring 2009: The Inner WIlly
Summer 2020: Ghostly Slumber Party
Spring 2017: The Frog Prince
Spring 2018: Shakespeare and Stage Combat Tour
The PAC Youth Theater Program is open to all area students and is free.
Theater Arts benefits both students and society, because students of theater arts gain powerful tools for:
* Understanding human experiences, past and present.
* Teamwork and collaboration.
* Adapting to and respecting others diverse ways of thinking, working and expressing themselves.
* Analyzing nonverbal communications.
* Improving verbal communications.
* Gaining self-esteem and poise, which crosses over into the classroom to support academic success , including STEM classes.
* Studying a wide variety of literature, history, sociology, art, music and dance.
* Classes offered in TECH: Lighting & sound, acting, stage combat.
* Live via Satellite Series featuring the MET Opera and the National Theatre of London. * * Intern program
Dr. Ronnie Spilton, Founding Artistic Director
Winter 2019: Acting Improv Class & Set Design
Summer 2013: Broadway Workshop with Franc D'Ambbrosio & Glory Crampton
Check out our latest learning experience
Megan Greenlee Potts
Artistic Director PAC Youth Theater
Megan Potts has been involved in all aspects of theater since childhood. She has utilized her Ithaca College Bachelor of Fine Art degree in technical theater, design, and production as professional stage manager, production manager, properties mistress, lighting designer, theater master electrician, sound designer an engineer, box office manager, house manager, actress, teacher and director. She has taught the craft of theater to children ages 5 plus and adults for over 39 years - drama voice, mime, choreography, set construction, wardrobe and makeup, lighting, sound and even stage combat. Currently Megan is the PAC Technical Advisor, light and sound designer and technician and the assistant librarian at the Albert Carlton Cashier's Community library
The PAC Youth Theatre is dedicated to introducing children from the southwestern corner of Western North Carolina, North Georgia, and northwestern corner of South Carolina to the wonders of Live theater by participating in age-appropriate productions at no cost (either onstage, behind the scenes, or in the control booth), allowing them to join in free classes presented by professionals in the business, and staging free shows for local school children and homeschoolers.
Summer 2015: Cats: Master makeup class with Jeri Sager
© March 29, 2020
Spring 2008: Get Bill Shakespeare Off the Stage
Winter 2016: Ghosts & Grotesques
Just wanted to tell you that we love what you do with the theater program and love it when you visited the school! Please keep us in mind for visits in the future.
Blue Ridge School
Cashiers, NC 28717
Spring 2015: Spotlight on 2 One-Act Plays
Fall 2016: Masters Class, Paul Taylor Dance
Spring 2014: Little Women
Spring 2013: John Lennon & Me
Summer 2018: Free To Be You & Me
Spring 2010: One Act Play Festival, Snow White